Commonly known simply as HydroBlox, these planks are a permanent solution superior to traditional drainage, stabilization, and green infrastructure systems for a wide range of industries. The product's high-void structure allows for a drainage capacity and structural stability greater than stone or pipe. Fast and easy to install, HydroPlanks use advanced capillary action to redirect stormwater in any direction, without clogging.
When installed either vertically or horizontally, there is no need to connect the planks, however they do need to be touching, because the water moves from one plank to the next through the material's capillaries. However, when additional stability or continuous surface area of HydroBlox plank is required, such as in creating a permeable pavement sub-base or a trafficking surface, connect the planks with landscape spikes. Extremely versatile, HydroPlanks can be retrofit to traditional drainage systems by connecting with a HydroBlox™ Transition Box
What is HydroBlox?
The short version:HydroBlox moves water from where you do not want the water to where you do want the water.
HydroBlox™ planks are installed in a wet area and continued on to a dry area. The water moves from plank to plank by water pressure. As one plank fills up with water, it is pushed to the next plank by water pressure. This allows you to install HydroBlox™ in a level area. No need for any downward installation.
Water also follows the path of least resistance. The planks offer the path of least resistance. The irregular pattern which makes up the HydroBlox™ plank provides small spaces inside the board for the water to pass through. This weave is tight enough that will not allow silt or soil inside the plank, but will allow the water to flow freely. This will also prevent any clogging.
HydroBlox™ is much stronger than pipe and will not crush over time. Unlike pipe, NO aggregate and geotextile are required. HydroBlox™ truly is an underground gutter system.
*NO volatile plastics are used in Hydroblox™ making it eco-friendly
What are the Benefits?
Hydroblox™ maintains permeability, requires little to zero post-installation maintenance, and can easily be part of any future site developments. Here are some additional benefits that you can expect:
- Avoid run off water and debris getting into your pool; doing so can:
- Cut down on chemical use
- Lower time spent cleaning and re-balancing ph levels
- Keep pests and creatures from riding a natural water slide into your pool
- Ward off ground water causing your liner to float
- A floating liner is at risk of damage beyond repair
- Provide a new watering hole location for neighborhood pests to gather
- Less itching, more swimming
- Use during your pool's construction to divert water from the area
- Dry ground is a requirement for setting a pool's base
- A dry work area speeds the building process
- A wet construction area can slow down the installation and create a sloppy uneven finish
- Lay as a foundation for your pool's deck to redirect dirty water from going into your pool
Fill out form below
No Questions asked yet! Ask the first question.