The Transition Box is a non-mechanical device that is installed in catch basins to capture the sediment in stormwater. Unlike traditional silt socks or waddles, HydroBlox does not clog, is easier to install and is reusable, thus saving you time and money, and providing the assurance that you are complying with the EPA's guidelines.
What is HydroBlox?
The short version:HydroBlox moves water from where you do not want the water to where you do want the water.
HydroBlox™ planks are installed in a wet area and continued on to a dry area. The water moves from plank to plank by water pressure. As one plank fills up with water, it is pushed to the next plank by water pressure. This allows you to install HydroBlox™ in a level area. No need for any downward installation.
Water also follows the path of least resistance. The planks offer the path of least resistance. The irregular pattern which makes up the HydroBlox™ plank provides small spaces inside the board for the water to pass through. This weave is tight enough that will not allow silt or soil inside the plank, but will allow the water to flow freely. This will also prevent any clogging.
HydroBlox™ is much stronger than pipe and will not crush over time. Unlike pipe, NO aggregate and geotextile are required. HydroBlox™ truly is an underground gutter system.
*NO volatile plastics are used in Hydroblox™ making it eco-friendly
What are the Benefits?
Hydroblox™ maintains permeability, requires little to zero post-installation maintenance, and can easily be part of any future site developments. Here are some additional benefits that you can expect:
- Avoid run off water and debris getting into your pool; doing so can:
- Cut down on chemical use
- Lower time spent cleaning and re-balancing ph levels
- Keep pests and creatures from riding a natural water slide into your pool
- Ward off ground water causing your liner to float
- A floating liner is at risk of damage beyond repair
- Provide a new watering hole location for neighborhood pests to gather
- Less itching, more swimming
- Use during your pool's construction to divert water from the area
- Dry ground is a requirement for setting a pool's base
- A dry work area speeds the building process
- A wet construction area can slow down the installation and create a sloppy uneven finish
- Lay as a foundation for your pool's deck to redirect dirty water from going into your pool
1 Question asked on Transition Box HydroBlox
Fill out form below
No Questions asked yet! Ask the first question.
Hi Gregory! Your question on Hydroblox was asked on the Q & A tab on the product page. If you select the next tab over, the Resources tab, there are brouchures and documents helping to explain how this products works for water issues. You can also copy and paste this link for additional information. https://info.royalswimmingpools.com/cardinal-hydroblox Please let us know if you have additional questions at 866-532-8194.
12/24/2019, 12:25:18 PM
Other Product Documents
View other product documentation for Transition Box HydroBlox.